WordPress Theme Hack!
Keeping you WordPress theme protected from being used by others is sometimes very important, especially if it is available on the web, or you intend to sell it.
Most of the times, themes are accompanied with additional information, which make them vulnerable from being hacked. A typical example of this kind of information is given below:
Theme Name: Ony Happy Cloud
Theme URI: http://example.com/free-base-wordpress-theme
Author URI: http://www.example.com
Basically this is everything all other users need, to hack your theme.
Q: So, how to prevent WordPress Theme Hacking?
There are thousands of Plugins for WordPress out on the internet. However, there are some that worth spending a little bit of time and familiarize with them.
They tackle the initial requirements and help a lot in building a WordPress site / blog.
So, here is the list with some info for each one of them
– All in One SEO (In a few words, it integrates your WordPress site /blog with SEO)
– Akismet (Spam filter for WordPress comments)
– WPtouch (Gives your WordPress site / blog the mobile appeal. Just think of how many users reach you via smartphones, mobile phones nowadays)
– Editor Extender (Enhances your WordPress editor)
– WordPress.com Stats (Provides statistics for your WordPress site /blog)