1) Go to C:\xampp\apache\conf\extra and modify httpd-vhosts.conf
Insert lines like:
#CustomLog “logs/dummy-host2.example.com-access.log” common
SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV “development”
Allow from all
2) Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and modify the hosts file.
Since you are going to install Zend Framework on C:\xampp\htdocs\zf add the following line to the hosts file:
* You must repeat steps 1 and 2 for every Zend Framework project, just like in Joomla!!!
3) Download the Zend Skeleton Application from http://framework.zend.com/manual/2.3/en/user-guide/skeleton-application.html
4) Go to C:\xampp\htdocs\zf and unzip the Zend Skeleton Application there
5) Open GitBash and go to C:\xampp\htdocs\zf and type the following three commands:
php composer.phar self-update
php composer.phar install
php composer.phar update
* As soon as you do that open the browser and write http://zf.localhost Remember: this is the name you added in the hosts file! (127.0.0.1 zf.localhost)