Just like Drink Responsibly holds for Drinking, the same holds for Backlinking! Be cautious when submitting your website. Here are some tips and strategies to avoid when promoting your website:
- Do not use white color when submitting your website in other white background websites, just to cheat the owner of the other website you may have access to; Google does not like that kind of backlinks.
- Avoid submitting to directories that don’t review submissions and let anyone in.
- Avoid submitting to directories that have several Google ads disguised to look like their own content above the other links.
- Don’t submit to sites that aren’t relevant to the focus of your site.
- Avoid pages with links inside of frames (this will steal your traffic).
- Don’t submit to blog networks and limit blog rolls.
- Don’t submit to article networks (they post your article to multiple sites).
- Don’t let anyone link to you from every page of their website (sitewide links).
- Check if backlinks have a noFollow attribute.
- Avoid Linking to sites with bad reputation.
- Check if the submitted link is a broken one.
- Avoid (Spammy) Blog Commenting